Wednesday 15 February 2012

This is now a music blog.

I discussed this a little while ago with my lovely lady partner, about actually putting this blog to some use, rather than for me to angrily masturbate my thoughts over a keyboard for no-body to view (then again, with sentences like that it may be best for people not to see this).

Regardless, as I've mentioned I tend to have a lot of free time and as such I have plenty of time to do musical stuff, but I tend to go a long time between making anything, and recently I've had a serious lull.

This is unfortunate, and it could be attributed to the fact I'm growing up, but with free time and waning interest in my one and only hobby (smoking doesn't count as a hobby), I need to really focus.

So, at least once a week I will update this blog with something new. It might be shitty, it might be unfinished, but it's something.

Hopefully this will help me practice and bring something new every time I attempt a track.

Now, you can't see behind the scenes but I have a handful of draft blogs yet to be finished. This is the same with my music. I have around five or six tracks I'm yet to do anything with, which is sirry, so I'm going to work on them and upload the results.

This week, however, I'm uploading something that I'm stuck on (as is the result of most of my musical endeavors). I set out to do a Pogo style remix of Donnie Darko, which is hands down my favorite film of all time.

What came out the other end, however, lacked the ethereal charm of Pogo and developed a dark quality of it's own.

This track (or more snippet) was made from a track called "Liquid Spear Waltz", composed for Donnie Darko, and is available on the (frankly stunning) soundtrack.

Anyway, enough babbling, I call this one "Dogo". It's far from complete, but honestly I think I backed myself into a wall here so I'm willing to let it sit as an example of how not to remix a track.

*IMPORTANT EDIT*

Turn your speakers WELL down, for some reason there is massive feedback for the first few seconds and it WILL rape your ears. You are warned.

http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/25660960/file.html

The feedback seemed to ruin the E.Q. of the whole track but I'm so passed the point of caring right now. I'm off to cry.

BYE BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment